– Several fights, with iron pipes and even guns, happened in Calais’ “jungle” yesterday. Right now, according to leftist associations, around 800 illegals live there (600 according to authorities);
– Brawls mostly involved Eritreans against Afghanis;
– Looks like it started around 3.30 pm with an Afghan shooting on 4 Eritreans near a food distribution point. All 4 are severely wounded and may die from their injuries. A huge brawl followed, with 30 Arabs VS around a hundred Africans.
– Then, another fight occurred 5 km away around 4 pm. Around 20 Afghanis were assaulted by 150 to 200 Eritreans, equipped with iron pipes. Afghanis were protected by the police;
– Last, a third fight in the end of the afternoon, roughly the same thing than the second one;
– Overall, there’s officially 22 people injured, 4 severely. 2 Policemen are also lightly injured;
– According to the AFP, the fact that there was guns indicates it could be linked to smuggler networks;
– It looks like a war of influence between Africans and Afghanis. Both want to control what they claim to be their territory. A safe territory for a community means access to food distribution, to parking areas when people can try to get into trucks to cross the border;
– Obviously, leftists claim it’s because of the violent police.